Upcoming Speaking Engagements: Stay Tuned!
Artists - I am passionate about sharing legal information with artists so they can protect their work, designs, and brand in order to create art and sell with confidence.
Attorneys - I speak to business people and attorneys on topics like social media, ecommerce, privacy considerations, policy building, intellectual property and working with in-house and outside counsel.
Students and/or Professionals - I give inspiring talks
on transitioning your career, creating your own opportunities, thinking outside the box, and solidifing your personal brand.
Email me at attorneysarah[at]gmail[dot]com to discuss how I can add to your program.
"Thank you very much for being the moderator on yesterday's [International Trademark Association] Luncheon Topic [Nontraditional Methods of Protecting Marks in Social Media], your experiences were very interesting and I will surely consider them in my future practice. I had a moment to look over your website and I saw that you are an artist yourself, no wonder you are so passionate about your work, Etsy could not have found a better lawyer."
~ Oliver Galindo Avila, LL.M
"You made me look very good yesterday. The feedback on the event has been remarkably positive. And as my first event as the Cyblerlaw Society's
Program Director, you helped me get off to a great start."
~ David Collado, Cardozo School of Law Cyblerlaw Society
"Thank you very much for an informative, entertaining, and yummy ring pop-filled seminar yesterday." ~ Virgil W.
"Sarah rocks! [At Insider Secrets to Intellectual Property for Creatives] not only do you get a really good introduction to copyright and intellectual property from someone who was employee [#17] at Etsy and their first in-house legal counsel, you get someone who has spent a lifetime dealing with copyright and IP issues personally as a jewelry designer herself. Plus, she's funny and entertaining. If you're someone who learns by doing, just wait until she gives you a lesson about IP behind Ring Pops!" ~ Reggie Solomon
I want to thank you for presenting your lecture: Legal and Copyright Issues for Artists to the staff of
Studio 34 Creative Arts Center.
This is a timely topic, and rather complex to those of us without legal background. You organized a lot of information and presented it very clearly. Again, thank you for providing this needed
information to our staff, and doing so in such a clear, concise and informative way."
~ Marilynne Lipshutz, Studio 34
"I wanted to THANK YOU so sincerely for your excellent presentation to
our young people! It was clear how much time and effort you put into
it and I loved the songs. I was just telling someone about that the
other day and I can honestly say that I personally learned a lot. Other artists said the same. THANKS again, Sarah! I admire you and all
you do as an artist-lawyer!"
~ Kristin Rapp, ArtPeace
"I consider it an honor and a special privilege to know and to have worked with Sarah Feingold.
She is an outstanding person, always concerned and caring about other peoples needs. She is a
brilliant attorney and the kind of person everybody would like to know because, she, in my opinion,
sets an example of how all of us on this planet should treat each other; with kindness, respect, patience, intelligence,
strength, and honor. I have learned a lot from her both in conversation and from her lectures and do not have enough
positive adjectives to describe her."
~ William Manfredi, FIT
"On behalf of the Delaware Valley Bead Society, I want to thank you for your informative and highly entertaining program on copyright for artists and artisans. People came to the seminar expecting to learn how to protect their creative output from infringement, and you more than exceeded their expectations. What they didnít anticipate was the delightful way you presented the material. It was a rare pleasure to hear you cover complex concepts in a way that was not only understandable but amusing as well. The seminar outline you provided was very helpful and we have gotten very positive feedback from the participants who bought the booklet and CD. Many, many thanks for your generosity of time and talent." ~ Karen Cummins, Delaware Valley Bead Society
Previous Speaking Engagements Include:
* Docracy --- Legal Stuff Explained: Intellectual Property Law for Small Businesses
* General Assembly --- Inside Job: Landing a General Counsel Position at a Startup
* General Assembly --- Intellectual Property Law for Startups
* General Assembly --- Startup General Counsel Panel
* Girls in Tech NYC --- Startup Equity 101 Primer
* IgniteNYC --- The Laws of Ring Pops
* The New York Digital District & The Dumbo Startup Lab --- Equity for Startup Owners & Employees
* SXSW --- Lawyered: Lessons from Foursquare, Meetup & Etsy
* Wimlink Women's Network for Technology and Media Pros --- How to Ask for It!
* The Bead Society of Greater New York
* The Bead Society of New Jersey
* Delaware Valley Bead Society
* Etsy --- Insider Secrets to Copyright and Intellectual Property
* International Society of Appraisers Conference
* Interweave Bead Fest Philadephia
* SkillShare --- Insider Secrets to Intellectual Property for Creatives
* Studio 34
Colleges and Universities:
* Brooklyn Law School --- Careers in Art Law Panel
* Brooklyn Law School Incubator & Policy Clinic --- Legal Hacker Roundtable I: Mobile Privacy
* Cardozo School of Law --- Cyberlaw Panel
* Fashion Institute of Technology --- Intellectual Property Law for Artists
* Fordham University School of Law --- Lawyers as Entrepreneurs Panel
* Fordham University School of Law --- Center on Law and Information Policy
* Fordham University School of Law --- Copyright, Trademark and Emerging Technologies
* Fordham University School of Law --- 2012 Fashion Law Bootcamp
* New York University School of Law --- Stop SOPA Panel
* Rochester Institute of Technology --- Intellectual Property Law for Artists
* Rochester Institute of Technology: Thought @ Work --- Intro to IP
* Syracuse University Alumni Club of New York City --- Business Social 3: Here We Grow
Legal Associations and Law Firms:
* American Bar Association --- Concerns & Responsibilities of In House IP Counsel in the Internet Age
* American Bar Association --- Law Firm Marketing Strategies Conference 2011
* American Bar Association Section of International Law --- Think Before You Tweet
* American Lawyer Media --- Social Media Risks and Rewards
* Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC --- Leading Out Loud Getting to Having it All
* Foley & Lardner --- Safely Letting Your Users Post and Upload: The Perils of User-Generated Content
* The Hildebrandt Institute --- Social and Digital Media for Law Firms
* International Trademark Association --- Table Topic: Nontraditional Methods of Protecting Marks in Social Media
* New York City Bar Association --- Social Media for Law Students
* New York County Lawyers' Association --- Click on the Dotted Line: Website Policies
* New York County Lawyers' Association --- Friends Don' t Let Friends Steal Your IP
* New York State Bar Association --- Web 2.0: Social Networking in Corporate America
Copyright 2013 Sarah Feingold.