* Students, Attorneys, and Professionals - Get inspired to solidify your personal brand, create your own opportunities, and move your career forward.
Email attorneysarah[at]gmail[dot]com to discuss how I can add to your program.
"We were thrilled to have Sarah launch the Karen DeCrow Lecture Series. Sarah's lecture was humorous, relatable, deeply personal, and extremely engaging. She connected with all of the attendees, regardless of their age or experience, and offered some universal lessons from her experience. We have received nothing but positive feedback!"
~ Julia Martin, President, CNYWBA
"Your Keynote talk at the New York State Bar Association Committee on Women in the Law Annual Meeting was so inspiring and people were starstruck! You are the coolest speaker we ever had. I really want to thank you for all the thought and effort that went into your presentation. It framed the day perfectly. You empower women every day."
~ Carol Villegas, Co-Chair NYSBA Committee on Women in the Law Annual Meeting
"I attended the networking event last night, and I wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed your talk. Women at all stages of their careers can use encouragement and inspiration to think big and take risks. Your career path has certainly embodied those elements. Thanks for sharing your story."
~ Anne-Marie C. Yvon, Ph.D.
"Words cannot express how powerful your presentation was last night. I
am already looking into creating opportunities to write articles on
trademarks for startup companies or fashion designers. You are a very
positive person and incredibly inspirational. Thanks again for a great
~ Francesca M. Montalvo, Esq.
"Thank you very much for being the moderator on yesterday's [International Trademark Association] Luncheon Topic [Nontraditional Methods of Protecting Marks in Social Media], your experiences were very interesting and I will surely consider them in my future practice. I had a moment to look over your website and I saw that you are an artist yourself,
no wonder you are so passionate about your work, Etsy could not have found a better lawyer."
~ Oliver Galindo Avila, LL.M
"You made me look very good yesterday. The feedback on the event has been remarkably positive. And as my first event as the Cyblerlaw Society's
Program Director, you helped me get off to a great start."
~ David Collado, Cardozo School of Law Cyblerlaw Society
"Thank you very much for an informative, entertaining, and yummy ring pop-filled seminar yesterday." ~ Virgil W.
"Sarah rocks! [At Insider Secrets to Intellectual Property for Creatives] not only do you get a really good introduction to copyright and intellectual property from someone who was employee [#17] at Etsy and their first in-house legal counsel, you get someone who has spent a lifetime dealing with copyright and IP issues personally as a jewelry designer herself. Plus, she's funny and entertaining. If you're someone who learns by doing, just wait until she gives you a lesson about IP behind Ring Pops!" ~ Reggie Solomon
I want to thank you for presenting your lecture: Legal and Copyright Issues for Artists to the staff of
Studio 34 Creative Arts Center.
This is a timely topic, and rather complex to those of us without legal background. You organized a lot of information and presented it very clearly. Again, thank you for providing this needed
information to our staff, and doing so in such a clear, concise and informative way."
~ Marilynne Lipshutz, Studio 34
"I wanted to THANK YOU so sincerely for your excellent presentation to
our young people! It was clear how much time and effort you put into
it and I loved the songs. I was just telling someone about that the
other day and I can honestly say that I personally learned a lot. Other artists said the same. THANKS again, Sarah! I admire you and all
you do as an artist-lawyer!"
~ Kristin Rapp, ArtPeace
"I consider it an honor and a special privilege to know and to have worked with Sarah Feingold.
She is an outstanding person, always concerned and caring about other peoples needs. She is a
brilliant attorney and the kind of person everybody would like to know because, she, in my opinion,
sets an example of how all of us on this planet should treat each other; with kindness, respect, patience, intelligence,
strength, and honor. I have learned a lot from her both in conversation and from her lectures and do not have enough
positive adjectives to describe her."
~ William Manfredi, FIT
"On behalf of the Delaware Valley Bead Society, I want to thank you for your informative and highly entertaining program on copyright for artists and artisans. People came to the seminar expecting to learn how to protect their creative output from infringement, and you more than exceeded their expectations. What they didnít anticipate was the delightful way you presented the material. It was a rare pleasure to hear you cover complex concepts in a way that was not only understandable but amusing as well. The seminar outline you provided was very helpful and we have gotten very positive feedback from the participants who bought the booklet and CD. Many, many thanks for your generosity of time and talent." ~ Karen Cummins, Delaware Valley Bead Society
Videos & Podcasts:
* Claim the Stage Podcast
* Disrupt Yourself Podcast with Whitney Johnson
* Inaugural Karen DeCrow Lecture
* Inside Job: Landing a General Counsel Position at a Startup
* The Laws of Ring Pops
Previous Speaking Engagements Include:
* Docracy --- Legal Stuff Explained: Intellectual Property Law for Small Businesses
* General Assembly --- Inside Job: Landing a General Counsel Position at a Startup - VIDEO!!
* General Assembly --- Intellectual Property Law for Startups
* General Assembly --- Startup General Counsel Panel
* Girls in Tech NYC --- Startup Equity 101 Primer
* IgniteNYC --- The Laws of Ring Pops - VIDEO!!
* IQPC Anti-Counterfeiting & Brand Protection Summit
* The New York Digital District & The Dumbo Startup Lab --- Equity for Startup Owners & Employees
* SXSW --- The Internet: F@#% Free Speech, F@#% Fair Use
* SXSW --- Lawyered: Lessons from Foursquare, Meetup & Etsy
* Wimlink Women's Network for Technology and Media Pros --- How to Ask for It!
* The Bead Society of Greater New York
* The Bead Society of New Jersey
* Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership --- Gender in Technology
* Delaware Valley Bead Society
* Etsy --- Insider Secrets to Copyright and Intellectual Property
* Indiana Conference for Women --- Dream, Dare, Do
* International Society of Appraisers Conference
* Interweave Bead Fest Philadephia
* Momentum Events --- Digital Marketing & gTLD Srtategy Congress New York
* SkillShare --- Insider Secrets to Intellectual Property for Creatives
* Studio 34
Colleges and Universities:
* Brooklyn Law School --- The Brooklyn Law Incubator & Policy Clinic
* Brooklyn Law School --- Careers in Art Law Panel
* Brooklyn Law School Incubator & Policy Clinic --- Legal Hacker Roundtable I: Mobile Privacy
* Cardozo School of Law --- Cyberlaw Panel
* Fashion Institute of Technology --- Intellectual Property Law for Artists
* Fordham University School of Law and INTA --- Designers & Domains
* Fordham University School of Law --- Lawyers as Entrepreneurs Panel
* Fordham University School of Law --- Center on Law and Information Policy
* Fordham University School of Law --- Copyright, Trademark and Emerging Technologies
* Fordham University School of Law --- Inside Out: Tips from Fashion's In-House Counsel
* Fordham University School of Law --- 2012 Fashion Law Bootcamp
* New York University School of Law --- Internet and Business Law for Technology Companies
* New York University School of Law --- NYU Law Women: A Day in the Life of In House Counsel Panel
* New York University School of Law --- Social Entrepreneurship Career Panel
* New York University School of Law --- Stop SOPA Panel
* Rochester Institute of Technology --- Intellectual Property Law for Artists
* Rochester Institute of Technology: Thought @ Work --- Intro to IP
* Skidmore College --- Law and Ethics in the Uber Economy
* Syracuse University Alumni Club of New York City --- Business Social 3: Here We Grow
* Syracuse University College of Law --- Inaugural Karen DeCrow Lecture - VIDEO!!
* University of Hong Kong Faculty of Law --- Charting the New Frontiers of Intellectual Property Protection of Fashion Brands and Designs
* Department of Commerce --- Multistakeholder Forum on Improving the Operation of the DMCA Notice and Takedown System
* USPTO --- Copyright, Culture, Art and Science in the Digital Age: Hot Topics in Fashion & Design in the Digital Age
Legal Associations and Law Firms:
* American Bar Association --- Concerns & Responsibilities of In House IP Counsel in the Internet Age
* American Bar Association --- Law Firm Marketing Strategies Conference 2011
* American Bar Association Section of International Law --- Think Before You Tweet
* American Intellectual Property Association --- Women in IP Global Networking Event
* American Lawyer Media --- Social Media Risks and Rewards
* BakerHostetler LLP --- A Conversation with Women Innovators and Leaders
* Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC --- Leading Out Loud Getting to Having it All
* Cravath / NYU - 2015 IP Institute --- Major Developments in the Trademark Area
* Davis Wright Tremaine / NY Tech Council --- How Online Marketplaces And Social Commerce Are Shaping Everyday Transactions
* Federal Bar Association --- Fashion Law Symposium - Internet Law Panel
* Foley & Lardner --- Safely Letting Your Users Post and Upload: The Perils of User-Generated Content
* Full Stack General Counsel Conference --- Lightning Talk Presentation
* Gunderson Dettmer --- Keynote at Women's Event
* The Hildebrandt Institute --- Social and Digital Media for Law Firms
* International Trademark Association --- 2014 Annual Meeting - Hong Kong - Panel: Best Friends Forever -- Secrets of a Successful Relationship between In-House and Outside Counsel including Ethical Considerations
* International Trademark Association --- Table Topic: Nontraditional Methods of Protecting Marks in Social Media
* Labaton Sucharow --- Women's Initiative Keynote
* Legal Hackers Congress --- Follow the Law, Break the Mold
* New York City Bar Association --- Social Media for Law Students
* New York County Lawyers' Association --- Best Friends Forever -- Secrets of a Successful Relationship between In-House and Outside Counsel including Ethical Considerations
* New York County Lawyers' Association --- Click on the Dotted Line: Website Policies
* New York County Lawyers' Association --- Friends Don' t Let Friends Steal Your IP
* NYIPLA --- Women in IP Law Fall Networking Event - Keynote
* New York State Bar Association --- Web 2.0: Social Networking in Corporate America
* New York State Bar Association --- Edith I. Spivack Symposium - Keynote
Copyright 2017 Sarah Feingold.